THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On a side note....

While we were getting ready for Meg's party, I hurt myself....on duct tape. Mom was putting table cloths down and I was ripping off pieces of duct tape to hold them down. While I was ripping a piece off, I failed to notice that my pinkie was attached to the duct tape. I ripped the tape, hard, of course, and my hand went one way and the pinkie that was attached to the duct tape went another. It hurt so much that I had to put my head between my knees to keep from throwing up. But I'm a good Mama, so I taped my pinkie to my other fingers (with the offending duct tape) and we celebrated Meg's party and had a great time.
But as soon as we got home and unloaded, it hurt like crazy again and I gave in and decided to go to the emergency room. When I explained how I injured myself, the nurse actually said "I've never heard of anyone hurting themselves on duct tape before!" Well, at least I'm the first at something! Thankfully, it's not broken, but I tore my ligaments in my finger pretty badly. I'm in a splint & will be for 2-3 weeks with total healing time being around 6 weeks. Look at how pretty!

I think the funniest thing about it was when I got home from the ER, I needed to chill out a little, so I turned on TV to the Discovery Channel (one of my all time favorites) and Myth Busters was on. And wouldn't you know it, the duct tape episode was on!

0 comments: