THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 2 of Potty Training

First, I must tell you, Day 1 of potty training was sheer hell. Bad enough that I pulled out the Mike's hard lemonade (the one I drink on a very rare occasion- a six pack usually lasts me 6 months!) as soon as she went to bed. I swear, she peed on almost every horizontal surface in my house! Yesterday, I would have paid anyone any amount of money for them to potty train her for me! Today has been much better. We have bought her a Beauty and the Beast Barbie doll and a set of Cinderella mini dolls with dresses as her big reward for staying dry and I think it's helping. They are sitting up on our mantle and every time she asks for them, we tell her that she has to be dry all day. We just keep putting her on the potty and when she starts to pee, we put her on the potty so she knows where she's supposed to do it. We're carrying around the Elmo potty right now and I've never been so thankful for bleach, because this whole thing is pretty gross. So far today, she's made it to the potty twice and has had two accidents, which is far better than yesterday, when we literally got about 3 drops in the potty. So she's learning. Please keep us in your prayers!

0 comments: