THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Elmo Potty Chair

So the Meglet &  I went to Babies R Us last night to search for a headband for her for her 2 year pictures (a whole other story!) and here she and I are, Meg in the cart, holding her sock monkey, me, reliving Meg's babyhood and wishing that they had had some of the cool stuff they had now back when Meg was tiny, when she gasps "Ooooo...Elmo potty!"

The cart comes to a dead stop. We have been watching the "Elmo's Potty Time" movie that Grammy (my mom) had gotten her and we've been trying to get her used to the potty I bought- a nice, $10.00 biodegradable, Earth Friendly, neutral colored potty. See?


I thought this potty was great. Not horribly noticeable in the bathroom and it won't stick around for a 100 million years in a landfill. Meg did not agree. In fact, she uses this to stand on, or to shove her stuffed animals into but little else.

Back to Babies R Us for a moment. So we slam on the breaks and Meg sees Elmo and falls in love.
I'm not so in love, but I gave in because she was desperatly in love and hugged the box and said "Awww, Elmo potty!"  and so now there are two potties in a house where our toddler still doesn't use the potty and probably won't until mid June. I'm such a sucker.

 But, it does say "good job" in French, Spanish and English. So maybe I'm being a good parent by exposing her to multiple languages! Yeah, that's it......



0 comments: