THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Potty Training & more

Yesterday, we began our foray into the wild world of potty training and yesterday was a painful failure. I am a firm believer that except for nap time, pull ups are more of a hinderance than a help. But I can see why parents use them, since we cleaned up 3 pee spots on the carpet and at least 2 more on the kitchen floor! I think we went through at least 6 pairs of panties. She wore panties all morning, until nap, then we put on a pull up for nap. When she woke up, she refused to put a pair of panties- screaming "I want my diaper!" so we put on another pull up. We won't make that mistake again today! Today, she put on her panties and actually went pee on the potty. Admittedly, she peed outside while we were playing outside, but she did go pee on the potty, so I think we're moving in the right direction!
Also, Michael and I decided to put Meg in daycare 2 days a week starting in the fall. I was on the phone for a couple of hours yesterday calling daycares during her nap and I think I found the place for her! We still have to go look at the four I narrowed it down to, but I have a favorite and I hope we can get her in. Michael and I are starting to realize how much she loves being social and that we really should get her around other kids more than we have. And honestly, I love that she's home with her grandparents, but she also needs time to play with other kids. Her grandparents have done a great job of taking her to story time at our library, but we're so busy when we get home from work and our weekends are so packed that we don't have a lot of time to arrange play dates like we probably should. Everytime she's with her cousins or we're at the park, she's just entranced by other kids and has such a great time. So... we're going to see what she thinks and if she likes it, we may do a 1/2 day per week starting in August so she can get used to it before school starts for us.
Plus, even more changes are coming for me. I'm starting my master's degree in August and thanks to my very generous grandmother, I'm going to be spending a week in the Galapagos Islands at the end of August with her. I can't wait, although I am anxious about the flight. I don't fly well- ever since I was a kid and had a really, really bad flight. But I am so excited to go!
Wow- so many changes- but it's awesome!

1 comments:

Susan said...

Fantastic changes! I also happen to think that placing Meg in pre-school a couple a days of week will make her week better too. Everyone, even small kids, need something to do and learn, somewhere to go and practice their social skills. I think she'll love it! Congrats on going to grad school and your trip will be fabulous despite the way you have to get there. U 1 Lucky ducky!