THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 8, 2010

Yup, I'm that mom...

M&M Mini's, you have saved my shopping life. Meg is currently at that age where staying in the cart is torture, akin to poking out your left eye with a red hot poker. She is also at that age where she grabs every. single. enticing thing that she sees. Prior to the M&M discovery, we would end up with either a cart full of stuff she wanted us to buy or we'd end up hiding the things she'd collected amongst the Tide in the laundry aisle. (I feel so guilty doing the later...some poor stockboy must be shocked to find a giant bouncy ball cozying up to the dryer sheets!)
Thanks to the M&M mini's though, we can get through the store and many car rides with the promise of M&M's. All I have to do is pull out the little tube and her eyes light up like I've just offered her a million dollars. Then, in her cutest little Meg voice, "MnM, pees" and I hand her one. She picks it out of my palm and actually savors it. When is the last time I really savored a single M&M? We can usually get through the store in about 12 M&M's.
So yes, I'm that mom who bribes her kid with M&M's. And honestly, those 12 little M&M minis have saved my sanity, so I really don't feel too guilty....

0 comments: