THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 5, 2010

School!

Meglet & I both started school this week- a Master's degree for me and preschool for her! As of 15 minutes ago, I finished my first class. Yay! But this blog isn't about me, it's about her, so let me tell you about her first day. We got up a little later than what will be our regular time, had breakfast, got ready and headed to school around 8:30. She had to wear her "pack pack"- her Minnie Mouse backpack and she carried her Hello Kitty lunch box. The whole way there, I kept telling her how much fun she'd have, make sure to say thank you, be good, etc. When we got there, she walked in and immediatly went over to play. I made small talk with her teacher, made sure blue blankey was in her "pack pack" and just watched. The other little girls were really interested in her, especially her pigtails, but she was interested in toys! I finally told her I had to leave and she came up, hugged my legs and said "Oh Mama" in a little voice. But she went back to play and I left to go have a few tears in the car by myself.
When I came to pick her up at 3:15, she was happy as a clam playing. In fact, she was not interested in leaving. I even told her I was leaving and actually walked out the door and she just kept playing. Her teacher said she did really well and even tried to use the potty like some of the other potty trained girls in class! I finally got her to go and she leaned over my shoulder to wave and said "Bye bye friends!" While we were pulling out of the parking lot, she said "Go play with friends, Mama?" I said "next week, Meg!"
It seems like a good thing that she was so happy to go and was not interested in leaving. I really hope she likes it there. She seems to!
And here are some pics from the big day!

0 comments: